So I recently had the opportunity to attend a new local table top gaming club (mostly focused on boardgames and card games than miniatures) and got to play a little card game called Sushi Go!
I have to admit, I had an absolute ball with this game! Rules that probably took under 2 minutes to explain and comprehend, coupled with some very cute packaging and art made it an attractive game to want to invite others to play.
Please note: This image is not mine, it was sourced from Purple Prawn
The basic concept is:
1. Each person is dealt 8 cards from the deck.
2. From these 8 cards you pick 1 and place it face down
3. Hand the remaining 7 cards in your hand to the person next to you
4. Once everyone has handed over their hand, they flip over the face-down card and then pick another card, face it down, hand on the 6
5. Repeat process until all cards are used up, tally up your cards and put them into the discard pile (leaving pudding cards out in front of you)
6. Deal another fresh 8 from the deck to everyone and continue in this manner until the deck is gone.
The idea is that you want to collect cards to obtain the most points. From the image above, the green “sashimi” cards, need you to collect 3 of them to get the 10 points, but the blue “dumplings” merely grow from a minimum of 1 point with each additional dumpling and so on.
Image source: IndieGogo
If you’re looking to have a games night with some friends that aren’t into the bigger board games, or want to game with kids, or merely need a simple ice-breaker for a new gaming group I would definitely recommend this!!
All of my friends are getting a copy of this from me this year. Hahaha.