Ok, let me begin this post with many thanks to everyone who has been helping me with painting the horse and sending encouragement/empathetic messages. It has…improved. I wouldn’t say it was great but it has improved.
I think I’m going to shelf horsey as he is for the time being, and take another crack at one down the track when I have more of any idea of what I’m doing.
Big top arrow: Awful ‘blob’ looking effect on the saddle due to my inability to sand back greenstuff correctly.
Small lower arrow: Indicating the weird sawdust like gunk still stuck to the surface that I didn’t managed to clean off all together.
That’ll do, horsey. That’ll do.
I’ve also been working on my Infinity crew!
Sorry about the poor photo quality – I realised I had forgotten to upload any images of this girl to my photobucket, so I emailed the picture from my phone – it seems to have compressed it somewhat.
Either way, I completely botched the shading on her legs and skirt. Her arse looks all badonka-donk-donk, but the front…yea, I think I de-evolved while painting her.
Painting Sage attempted to rescue the front of her skirt for me – but by that stage, I think I’d reached a point of diminishing returns.
Oh, nice surprise this morning was my order from Table Top Empires came today!!
I am going through the Australian based online miniatures stores and putting in small orders just to see what they’re like.
These guys weren’t quite as fast at shipping as Defiant Gaming but only slower by a day or so – so I still rate them.
I received 2 dummy Reaper miniatures just to use as painting practice. So at some point, I will be working on these two little ladies:
Other than this, not much to report for this evening.
Say hi to your mothers for me.