So, well – I am the type of girl that gets heavily into her hobbies. By that I mean, I constantly read about them, want to be actively doing them, spend wild amounts (at least to my bank balance) of money on them AND talk about them.
I have been yammering on a lot to a friend of mine about Malifaux, Puppet Wars, War Machine and everything else miniature related I have been learning.
ANYWAY, long story short, the other day he comes out with this big box and gifts me all of his miniatures stuff. Apparently he was into Warhammer 40K a while back but hasn’t had much to do with it for a while and wanted it to go to a home where the mini’s would be painted and cherished.
Omg omg omg, no idea how excited I was to go through everything and start plotting bases and paint schemes.
Sooo many things!! And most of them still on their sprues!! (Is that how you spell that?)
So, I pulled out this little guy holding a big flag and thought it would be nice to paint him up really nice, and put something on the flag and gift back to the friend that gave me the box. Just to see that I was putting love into their painting and appreciate the gift.
But the skull at the top of the flag had been eaten away/melted by something?
So, here is my first attempt at making an epoxy replacement.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA. That skull looks REDICULOUS. But alas, it was made with love…or…something. Maybe I can fix it with paint?
Well, this is his progress so far…
I also had a few in the box that my friend had painted himself.
The flags on this are just so nice, and you can see effort was put into this mini, so I don’t have it in me to strip him. My plan is to just clean up a few paint chips, and add him to my shelf.
*Disclaimer: Not painted by me.
In the box I found a few choice items I was really excited about…
Do you see? DO YOU SEE? PONIES.
There were a couple of horse and rider sets already painted in the box so I decided to fix and strip them first. As they were mostly a single thick coat of black it took forever scrubbing, and it ended up actually leaving tiny little ‘bubble’ type holes all through out the horses saddle.
So I green stuffed the saddle and top of tail and sanded it back, after having soaked and scrubbed with Simple Green.
Now, my first pony is up to the stage of priming and painting.
PONY. SO EXCITED TO PAINT THIS PONY. EHEHEHEHE.
Well, I can smell my pizza has now finished cooking – so I shall see you all soon. Post more miniatures everyone 😀 !
I want to get some horse minis and paint them up. I can’t wait to see how your pony turns out.
Haha, yea I have always wanted to have a go at a horse too! Very excited to give these little guys a go 😀 !!
The skull is pretty skull like too. Good luck with the ponies
Thankyou very much!! I have actually taken a second shot at modifying that skull but I think I only made it worse. Hahaha.
Hopefully the ponies turn out better! 🙂
Pingback: Holding Miniatures up to a Torchlight | Cappuccino Gaming